Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to the Box Score

Its been a while since I've written, and more importantly, its been a while since I wrote about what this blog was supposed to be. A different sort of analysis of Kings games, because of my inability to watch them.

So let's take a good look at last night's box score. What always impresses me about K-Mart is his ability to get to the foul line. By looking at his physique, you wouldn't think he would be able to generate as many fouls as he does. What is even more impressive, is that he is known for his smooth stroke, meaning that he probably prefers to shoot than go to the basket, especially with a bum ankle. So 13 FTA, not bad.

Now, for my opinions on Nocioni. I gotta tell ya, I've read a lot of negative crap on him. Is he an all-star? Of course not. But you know what, if you can get 19 off the bench on 7-11 shooting, while providing much needed energy and actually caring about the outcome of the game? Sounds like a player I want on my team.

So we lost. But we have no points and we were playing Chris Paul. You only get that lucky once.

No comments:

Post a Comment