Thursday, February 19, 2009

We're Not in Kansas Anymore (For the Time Being)

I'm feeling really weird right now.

When your team is involved in 4 trades in 3 days, you can't help but feel weird. One day you have your team, the next day is in totally and utterly different.

6 people who were on the Kings 3 days ago, are no longer. Remember Brad Miller, John Salmons, Mikki Moore, Quincy Douby, Sheldon Williams and Bobby Brown? Hell, even Sam Cassell is already gone.

I'm excited to bring Gooden/Simmons/Nocioni/Diogu/Booth/McCants/Solomon to the team. But 7 new players on a tough to tough handle. It's not like I don't want to love these guys. In fact, the opposite!

It's that when half the Kings team wasn't there last week, it doesn't feel like the Kings anymore. As much as you love the Kings organization, you feel most connected to the players. But who is left that I currently love?

As much as I love to hate on Sheldon and Quincy, it was a family thing. I'm sure they understood. I hope Will Solomon will understand like they did.

Go "Kings".

No comments:

Post a Comment